Sunday, March 27, 2011

Found at the Flea Market

I have been looking for a bookcase to put in the front room so my books could be at my fingertips once again!

I saw this baby at the Nashville Flea market Saturday, and thought......."If I could get that for $150, I'd take it!"


The guy said he could make me a deal.  "How much?" I asked.  "One fifty." He said.  Even then, I hesitated.  Whyyyyyyyy?  What's happened to that financially confident girl I used to know?  Oh yes, I remember, but I won't share that drawn out saga - I'm trying to keep my blood pressure down.  Anyway, as you can see, it made it's way home to the front room!  Thank you so much Denise, for your mini-van and your never-say-die attitude!


Supposedly, it's circa 1930 and was used for china and linens.  I love the color, the detail and the price.  Notice I haven't scraped off the price yet.  It says, $225!  That's why I'm keeping it on for awhile - to remind me of my sweet victory. Once I do a few little things to the front room and get the inversion table out of the entry, I'll show you the big picture.  Until then, happy thrifting!

5 comments:

The Boston Lady said...

What a great find! And for a terrific price.... so pretty. Ann

mom23nTN said...

What a beautiful piece!!! It looks great - can't wait to see the full picture!!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Sweet! I always hesitate when they quote me a price I was thinking in my head. It's like all of sudden you wonder if you should have told yourself a less amount. I'd say you came out on this little deal!

Kit said...

It is marvelous! Good find and thank you for visiting my blog. Have a great week! Kit

Olive Cooper said...

Hi Dana! So glad you and the ranch are back. Glad you got your price on this piece. Joe haggles price so much better than I do. I waffle. ♥O